Thursday, February 19, 2009

Greetings!

It still feels that the spring is not anything more than just a promise as looking out the window the reality is still to hard to handle – the grim environment that the Nordic weather and lack of sun has created can weaken the defenses of even a stronger individual.

In a way this situation makes it easier to start with something new as anything that keeps my mind occupied during this god forsaken period in Estonian climate is a good thing.

I feel quite confident about the team I'm as my fellow team members seem to share the same positive attitude with me and that's what is really important to me.

As to myself I'm going to dedicate my blog posting space to analyzing films that are either openly political or have a political message embedded into their content. I have some candidates already but not anything 100% concrete.

For the majority of my life I have been interested and also obsessed with the film world. I immensely enjoy watching films, when not spending time watching films I'm probably seeking info and data about them online and when a longer break is available I'm sure to read a book where movie business and persons involved in making them are main characters.
Yoko enjoying a crisp winter day
My other hobbies include collecting comic books. Among people whose work I enjoy are Mike Mignola with his work on as both the storyteller and artist on Hellboy, David Petersen as the creator of the Mouse Guard universe and the works of writers like Neil Gaiman and Alan Moore. This list of talented artists and writers, sometimes both, can go on and on as there is no shortage of talent. These artists and writers are among many of the pioneers that have elevated the status of comic books as only medium for children to something more.

As if this geeky hobby isn't enough I still have one more skeleton rattling in my cupboard of nerdiness. The skeleton being that I'm hooked to videogames. My collection of videogames and videogame consoles includes 5 different consoles and about hundred different games for these machines.

So basically it is quite safe to say that I'm a geek and also a bit nerd :)

And as it is clear from the photos of I have posted that besides these geeky hobbies I'm also a big fan of dogs – pugs especially.
Cuteness overload!

No comments:

Post a Comment