Friday, February 20, 2009

Here I am

Every time I introduce my self, people ask me if I miss my country, but what is a country? And what there is in a country to be missed?
If you ask me if I miss what is familiar to me, then my answer is of course I miss the known. In this perspective, I miss Italy as much as I miss England and India, the other two places where I lived. But if you ask me if I would swap the unknown for the known then my answer is negative.
To know is an invaluable achievement, but the beauty of a trip is the travelling in itself. Look forward and the known will become a challenge to explore further more.
My contribution to this blog will be my effort in find connections of our different, but incredibly similar, Europe.
My posts will focus in the understanding of different European political and social realities, stressing on the beauty of differences and similarities.

Alessandro

No comments:

Post a Comment